Not accepting new members at this time.
Aikido practice in the park
Tuesdays 6-7pm (weather permitting)
To be allowed to attend a practice in the park, all criteria below MUST be met EVERY class. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of all future classes. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Each member must pass the following checks. If you answer yes to any question, you are not eligible to attend practices that day and will need to talk to sensei before attending future practices.
1. Have you or a member of your household traveled outside of Warrensburg in the last 14 days?
2. Have you or a member of your household been in close contact with anyone who has traveled domestically or internationally in the last 14 days?
3. Have you attended any events or gatherings with more than 10 people in the last 14 days?
4. Have you been in close contact with a person known to have the 2019 Novel Coronavirus?
5. Do you currently have or feel like you have a fever or lower respiratory symptoms such as a cough or shortness of breath?
6. Do you have a any of the following conditions?
Fever (100.4° F/37.8° C or greater as measured by an oral thermometer)
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
New loss of taste or smell
Head or muscle aches
Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting
7. In the past 14 days, have you been in close proximity to anyone who was experiencing any of the above symptoms or has experienced any of the above symptoms since your contact?
8. Have you tested positive for COVID-19, or are you presumptively positive for COVID-19?
Members attending a practice are required to bring a face mask. If we are able to spread apart far enough they will be allowed to remove the masks. If not, masks will be required during practice.
Each member who does not have their own jo and/or bokken will be issued one from the dojo. It is their responsibility to keep, maintain, and clean them, as well as bring them to every practice.
Each member will be assigned to work with another member for the duration of outdoor practices. This means if we do contact practices, you will work with the same person every time, every practice. No switching partners. Must pass a check before each class. If an answer is yes they cannot attend. Partners will most likely come from the same households, but not necessarily (some siblings down get along so well).
If a partner does not come to a practice, the other partner will do weapons or solo work instead. There will be no changing partners or mingling between practice groups. If all are in agreement, sensei may work with the solo practitioner, but this will be rare.